- Tasmanian Government Organisations
- Relevant Legislation and Key Industrial Awards
- Equivalent Public Sector Bodies and Legislation in Other Jurisdictions
Please note that if you click on the links provided, you may be directed to an external site.
- Public Sector Management Office (PSMO) – assists the Commissioner to perform his functions in the area of employment policy.
- Jobs Website – is administered by the PSMO and provides a listing of all current advertised vacancies in the State Service (and some in other areas of Government).
- Integrity Commission – is an independent authority with the primary role being to raise the standard of conduct, ethics and propriety in the Tasmanian public sector.
- Tasmanian Industrial Commission (TIC) – is an independent industrial tribunal, which covers State Service employees (excluding officers) and some others. Public sector industrial awards and agreements are published at the TIC website.
- Ombudsman – is an independent officer whose primary role is to investigate the administrative actions of public authorities to ensure that their actions are lawful, reasonable and fair.
- Auditor General for Tasmania – provides independent assurance to the Parliament and community on the performance and accountability of the Tasmanian public sector.
Other State Legislation (Including Ministerial Directions)
- Acts Interpretation Act 1931
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1998
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 2002
- Industrial Relations Act 1984
- Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995(new legislation commences in 2013)
- Integrity Commission Act 2009
- Ministerial Directions
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975(Federal)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Federal)
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commissioner Act 1986 (Federal)
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Federal)
Key Industrial Awards
- Public sector awards
- Tasmanian State Service Award
- Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
- The Australian Public Service Commission
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Public Service Act 1999
- Public Service Regulations 1999
Australian Capital Territory
- Office of the Commissioner for Public Administration
- Public Sector Management Act 1994
- Public Sector Management Standards 2006
New South Wales
- Public Service Commissioner (commenced 1 November 2011)
- Office of the Director of Equal Opportunity in Public Employment
- Public Sector Management Act 2002
- Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment
- Public Sector Employment and Management Act (commenced 1 March 2011)
- Office of the Public Service Commissioner
- Department of Justice, Queensland Government Employees
- Public Service Act 2008 (commenced on 1 November 2010)
- Commissioner for Public Sector Employment, Office of Public Employment and Review
- Public Sector Act 2009(commenced on 1 February 2010)
- Public Sector (Honesty and Accountability) Act 1995
- Public Sector Commission (commenced September 2008)
- Office of the Public Sector Standards Commissioner
- Office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commissioner